We love to hear from authors, publicists, and publishers about books. If you’d like one of our reviewers to consider your book for review on Books Make Me Happy, you can fill out the form on the contact page, or email your request to:
booksmakemehappyreviews at gmail dot com
Please understand that we can not promise or guarantee that any request will be answered, or that any of us will be available to review your book. We’ll do the best we can to match the request with the reviewer it most suits.
As much as we all love reading, and love this site, this is NOT our job, and we cannot promise or guarantee a timeframe for review. We are happy to work on a case by case basis for each request, and will make a schedule based on our availability at that specific time.
Each review will be based on the merits of the book and the opinions of the reviewer. Yes, the OPINIONS of the reviewer. We will make every effort to choose our books based on our preferences, in the hope that our reviews are positive. However, we cannot always know for sure how we’ll like a book, and there may be times when a review is less than favorable. We will, of course, be fair and respectful, regardless of our final thoughts about the book. We will NOT engage in inflammatory discussions about reviews, reviewers or authors. And we will take action to delete and/or block ANY commenters who are aggressive or disrespectful. Having a differing opinion is certainly welcome, being an ass is not.
Books Makes Me Happy generally reviews these genres (in adult, NA, YA, and M/M where applicable):
- Urban Fantasy
- Paranormal Romance
- Magical Realism
- Paranormal Mystery
- Cozy Mysteries
- Contemporary Romance
Some of our reviewers are open to submissions in the following genres, on a case by case basis:
- Historical Romance
- Women’s Fiction
- Middle Grade Paranormal
- Erotic Romance
We also have a selection of weekly, standard features that I’m happy to discuss via the email address above.
Media Mondays – A day to share promo from blog tours, cover reveals, contests, guest posts, release day blasts, etc.
Tuesday – Review / misc
What In The (Word) World? – This is the day I get to share cool, interesting, or funny literary news and/or happenings in the world. Also a chance to pick the brains of my audience. Any book/author related question I’m pondering is fair game for this curious feature.
Thursday – Review / misc
Feature Fridays – These are fun, author involved features. Some things you might see are:
- Words & Music – Book playlists… story or character theme songs… writing mood music… I want to hear them all. This is a feature about the music behind the story.
- 10 Things – What 10 things should readers know about you or your book? Quick post with high impact.
- This Or That – Random, rapid fire Q&A for the authors and/or their characters. A fun “get to know you” feature.
- “Blank” Makes Me Happy – Fun blog post by an author about something that’s making them happy at that moment. Could be a vacation, a goal they met, something new they’re learning to do, a movie they saw, a book they read, etc. Anything that makes them smile is fair game.
- Excerpt Mad Libs – A bookish twist on the popular word game. We’ll take an excerpt from an author’s book and remove some important words. Readers can use the missing word list to fill in the blanks, usually with hilarious results.
- Going UnderCover – A feature focused on amazing cover art. We’ll chat with the cover artist and the author about the inspiration, concept, and final product.
- Author/Character Interviews – A tried and true blog favorite, and great way to get to know our favorite authors and/or their characters.
Saturday / Sunday – Rec My Weekend – There’s no such thing as “too many books”. This is my weekly chance to share “an oldie but a goodie” that I love… or introduce a new book I’m excited about. My goal? Increase everyone’s TBR pile!
FTC Disclaimer: The reviewers on Books Make Me Happy are not compensated by, nor are our reviews influenced by, any author or publisher. Books reviewed on this site are either purchased by the reviewer, received for free from the author or publisher strictly for the purpose of an honest review, or accessed through a galley service (NetGalley or Edelweiss) for the purpose of an honest review.